How can you schedule vacation time with you kids when you don’t have an agreement on which parent on when they can take the children on vacation, how many times per year, and how many days’ notice the other parent should have of the impending vacation. To avoid further delay, the other parent has only a set number of days to respond if there is a scheduling problem or any other conflict.
Schedules & Child Custody
There is a legal component to making custody or parenting time schedules. Your attorney will help you make a temporary schedule until a permanent custody arrangement is enforced. For example, it will specify which parent will have which child, and how they will get to and from their summer activities. It’s also possible to modify your visitation schedule if you and your ex-spouse agree to any changes or if you have a change of plans.
Some of the things you can communicate through your divorce lawyer about considerations for scheduling vacations with your children, such as:
- How to fit vacation time in a way that is convenient for your schedule and your ex-spouse’s schedule
- Deciding on a holiday schedule that includes where children will spend special occasions, including birthdays
- Discussing where you can take the children and how for long (e.g. out of state/country)
- Aligning boundaries and expectations for your children’s behavior
- Determining how long after you’ve been divorced you can take the children on vacation
Contact Us at the Law Office of Russel S. Hershkowitz, L.L.C. Today
You can plan vacation in your parenting plan with an effective attorney. Our skilled divorce lawyers offer detailed counsel so you can enjoy your time off with your children without conflict arising from your ex-spouse. Ultimately, our attorneys want what is in the best interest of your children, just as you do. This is a tricky time to get divorced as a parent of school-aged children, but skillful legal advice can mitigate these difficulties.
To reach us at the Law Office of Russell S. Hershkowitz, L.L.C. please call (407) 753-4111 to schedule an appointment today.